Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reflection on Project Web


            Project web has honestly been the project I most enjoyed doing. I know this is our first this semester but compared to last semesters process building up to the essay I loved it more this time then I did last semester. I think it was because this project we had to make a blog and that was different which made it fun and exciting to do.
Our group topic for project web was about texting while driving. My subtopic for this assignment was about the documentary commercials and videos about the results of texting while driving. I found many videos that aware people about the consequences of texting while operating a vehicle. I actually chose this topic because it is the thing that most annoys me to see when I am driving. I hate when I see drivers so distracting on their phones that they are not paying attention to the road that can cause them their life and lives of others that are around them. I also chose this topic because I wanted to learn more about it to educate my friends and family members that text while drive because they don’t just listen to me when I tell them so I need some sort of evidence to show them so they can finally listen and actual stop texting while driving. I honestly have learned so much more then I was expecting. The facts that I learned about were just mind blowing. I wasn't expecting for that much information about this topic. This blog actually made it very easy for me to do some research on my topic because I couldn't just post something I had to actually look for articles and then post it on my blog. It was fun creating the blog and creating the background and different styles of posts. This project has given me so much useful knowledge that I can use now and in my near future.
            Since last semester I have seen a change in my writing process. What I was struggling with last semester was sentence structure and how to lengthen my overall essay. To just be honest I really did not like the progressions at all last semester. This semester everything I did benefited me when it came to write the final draft. I was so into my topic and it was so interesting that I actually had three different drafts for this assignment. I learned so much and found so much information that I needed to change my drafts every time because I had to add something new. Last semesters topics were not that interesting so everything I found I created it into one draft and never changed or added anything which didn't give me the grade I wanted. I have actually seen change in myself. I have learned to embed quotes into my sentences so it sounds natural and flows and I have learned how to expand on one idea in my body paragraphs so that I can actually create a full paragraph without any trouble. The easiest about this process was posting what research I found on my blog and creating my blog in a way that my group and I liked it. I didn't have anything that was difficult. In general just finding reliable research that I could have used was a bit of a challenge I faced during this project. Overall I think I put my best work into this and I feel confident with what I have turned in and I am looking forward to use how I was graded on it and hopefully it is as good as I think it is to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment